Hello my friends,
I teach a small group class using gentle movement and Alexander Technique for better posture and freedom to move – walk, stand, sit, do sports…all the things that you do.
A remarkable thing has happened – Over the months, the class has evolved into a group of people who have Parkinson’s and everyone is doing very well!
so I’m renaming the class:
Better Posture and Feel Better!
Alexander Technique – Posture and Movement class for PD
- Wednesdays, 12:00 noon – 1:00 pm
- Pacific Ballet
- 295 Polaris Ave, Mt. View
- Meet in Studio 4 – entrance is around back
- Fee: $100/month (4-week month)
- Improve posture and free your body to move more easily.
- Release muscular tension and feel better.
- Fun movement-based class, Alexander Technique shown effective for people with PD.
- Caregivers and family members are welcome to take class
- You must be able to walk independently.
One participant wrote his posture is now a Zero on the Parkinson’s scale. In other words he is now upright with no sign of the typical stooped-forward Parkinson’s posture.
Another man melted away tension:
“Toward the end of our last group session, I experienced a remarkable relaxation of my entire torso. I was lying on my back and focusing on relaxing my neck. Suddenly I felt as though my hips and shoulders melting through the floor as a wave of relaxation swept over me. I have never felt like that before, but it was a wonderful sensation I hope to repeat!” ~Kirk Stoddard
You will learn how to relax your neck, release tension, and improve your posture.
Come to class!
Advance registration required – contact me! Phone 650-964-4308 during business hours.
P.S. Join my blog and receive a FREE gift to ease tension from your neck and shoulders right now. The link is in the first email you’ll automatically receive when you join.