The other day I came across is a list of “8 Rules to Produce Happiness.” It was posted on Twitter and I really liked it. I re-tweeted it and said, “Attitude matters!”
It does….it is the strongest tool we have for dealing with the “slings and arrows of outrageous fortune” that Life throws our way. The whole world seems topsy-turvy lately and sometimes it gets to me. Sound familiar?
This morning, I was really down. This afternoon I am perfectly content to chip away at the long To Do list in front of me, happy as a clam. What the heck happened?
It was my attitude. I only noticed that it had shifted when the noise from leaf blower in the neighborhood failed to annoy me. It was just soothing background noise.
I don’t recall the moment when it shifted, but I do remember noticing that I was down and figuring that I’d better do something about it.
There are so many ways to renew attitude. I may turn on music, take a walk with my dogs, or meditate. Today it was a chat with a friend. Tomorrow it may be playing my guitar. Yesterday it was finding this list, on Twitter.
What do you do? Please share an idea; I’d love to learn something new.
Here’s the list, with thanks to my Twitter friend, Amanya Jacobs, for posting it.
1. Keep your mind stored with constructive thoughts.
2. Look for the beautiful and pleasant things in life.
3. Adjust yourself to whatever happens in life so as to make the best of it.
4. Have no regrets – live in the present instead of the past.
5. Give every man a square deal, whether he be prince or pauper.
6. Do your job, no matter how humble it may be, with the best efforts you can give.
7. Do something for someone every day.
8. Have faith in yourself, your fellows and God.